Westlake Wine Tasting Class
| Explore the world of winemaking with today's deal from Giessinger Winery. Two of you will spend 75 minutes with Dr. Giessinger, tasting and learning about wine and how to make it. This in-demand class, offered regularly at UCSB, now comes to Westlake Village.
• Held at 6:00p.m. on Fridays in Westlake Village
• Learn how to make five gallons of wine in a nice, social environment
• Includes: tasting of 2 whites, 1 rosé, 2 reds, 2 dessert wines, and 1 port
• Take-home 1 bottle of premium chardonnay
• The curriculum will touch on the process of winemaking (growing and purchasing of grapes, choosing equipment, fermenting, bottling, and storing) as well as on the health benefits of wines
• Savor the wild-yeast-fermented petite sirah, grenache, or carignan, produced from 50-year-old, dry-farmed, Monterey-grown vines.
• Awarded "Best Tasting Room in Santa Barbara" in 2013 by the U.S. Commerce Association